“A picture is a poem without words”
Art is not just about drawing and sculpting. The Art Club was formed to help Shungtakians experience the many forms of art through innovative and interesting activities.
The aims of the Art Club are:
- to foster enjoyment and appreciation of visual arts and a knowledge of artists, craftspeople, and designers;
- to increase their critical awareness of the roles and purposes of art and design in different times and cultures;
- to help students develop their unique artworks and gain personal and fulfilling art experiences;
- to develop students’ confidence in using visual and tactile materials, as well as to strengthen their ability to control and utilise materials, tools, and art making techniques; and
- to encourage students to develop creativity and imagination through various activities.